Monday, September 9, 2013

Designing the space

So while grocery shopping over the weekend I bumped into a guy who designs furniture! Well I actually did not bump into him, just saw his display shop and went inside to talk. His shop had mostly add-on fixtures (something similar to the one in the following figure). 


The only thing I didn't like that these designs haven't changed in ages! I remember we used to have similar study tables in our home when we were kids! They are exactly the same! NO Innovation at all!!!! Anyway so I started chatting with this guy, and turns out he is a business undergrad who has been working with furniture design since the age of 14. Amazing! How do I find such people! Just the kind of guy I was looking for! So we talked about a lot of things and I told him how work spaces like the Googleplex are, and he should also look at the facebook workplace etc I tried to explain him, of what I was looking for! A fun and practical work space that people would love to work in! The best part is, he was open to discussion and willing to learn! So I'm going to ask him to make me some Ikea looking furniture very functional in design! 

I also talked to him about my idea of fusioning furniture with technology. I think I can actually help him add value to his products by integrating functional electronics in his designs. I feel pretty excited about it! I hope he listens to me and we can create some very innovative furniture for the local market! Some ideas and furniture that I want him to design is....

Some interesting ideas for the work space that I googled and liked are...


No comments:

Post a Comment