Thursday, September 19, 2013

Building a product

So we have decided to build two products. One for the local/international market and one with a crowd sourcing model. I've decided to write a few technical posts as well. It would be nice to write about technologies that I'm working on and since I'm a firm believer in sharing of knowledge (which is obvious, coming from a teaching background), it would be nice to share my learning with others.

The first of these posts would be about the Raspberry PI which has now become the famous $35 computer. I've been exploring it for another product that I've been building for someone and will be sharing a few things from that project. I've also realized that many times, when I need to solve a problem, I find the solution which is spread at different sources and links. I'll write a few integrated posts so that one doesn't have to jump to other links and the problem is easily solved. 

Anyway, that being said, this entrepreneurship bug that has bitten me isn't letting me sleep. Most of the times I'm thinking about ideas that I could implement to make money. A few nights over it and I realize either it won't work, or it is already working somewhere! So the newest one is to solve the problem of my caffene dosage! The incubation center where I've located has no coffee, or even a cafe'. You have to walk or take your car to the nearest cafe' which wastes a lot of time. So I've decided to buy an espresso/cappuccino machine and make coffee available for everyone but for a price. I'll also be bringing in home made delicious cake (made by my perfectionist beautiful wife) and some other snacks as I think everyone would love to have some thing to eat without wasting any time. I have yet to figure out the business plan, but it seems simple enough. Keep the operating costs to a minimum, make a one time investment, and earn a little profit, while enjoying my own coffee without which I can't seem to work. I plan to work out the biz plan about this with my space sharing buddy over the weekend and implement it fast as winter is approaching. Let's just see how this one goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment