Sunday, February 17, 2019

Going to MIT

Haven't had the time to update my blog in quite a while. But I guess this has been the pattern of my blogging career since the start! Write a post once a few months then there is a long hiatus! And I also don't have many readers so no one is really looking forward to reading my blog, which makes it easier for me to not write anything and get away with it! A lot has happened since my last post but another blog post for that! In this one I want to focus on some exciting news! I have been admitted to MIT's Technology and Innovation Bootcamp Tokyo next month. This is exciting for me for two or perhaps three reasons. First it's MIT! Second it's Tokyo, Japan, always wanted to visit Tokyo, having missed out on the opportunity to visit while studying in Seoul. Third, the bootcamp is about technology and innovation, two things I've been interested in since I was a kid. Through these series of blog posts I'd like to document my journey of the bootcamp since the day I got accepted, through the experience and ultimately what I gain out of it. Hopefully someone somewhere in the world will find these useful. 

The process for applying the bootcamp included submitting an application by filling in a form and submitting a small introductory video of myself. Once that part was reviewed I was invited to take an online video interview. And finally in the first week of Feb I was accepted to the program! One of the most interesting things about the program is that as soon as I accepted the offer, I was given assignments. So now I have to complete 4 MOOCS, read 4 books before attending the bootcamp, all in about a months time. Anyway I really like this challenge and I've already started on one of the books titled "Made to Stick". So far it has been fun and I hope it continues to do so... More updates later..


No comments:

Post a Comment