Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Visa submitted!


In my last post I shared my experience about visiting the Japanese Embassy for applying the visa. Well today I submitted my visa application. Now I'm hoping and praying I get my visa soon In sha Allah. Don't want to get too excited as disappointments are exponential compared to the excitement one feels. Anyway last weekend I also managed to finish reading the book Made to stick. I think it's a good book, I won't categorize it as one of the best, however it does have excellent  ideas on how to make ideas stick. But it also has some interesting lessons, like one idea that stuck with me is the Commanders Intent, which I've already started using in my conversations at my company. I've also started helping my co-founder in improving his communication and making his ideas stick with the our team. Commander's intent comes from Military terminology where the commander ensures his junior colleagues understand of what he wants to achieve. Then everyone in the chain of command understands his or her role in achieving that goal. The commander's planning is more abstract whereas the soldier's decisions would be practical and more action oriented. Anyway I'll try to write a review of my lessons learned from the book and there are two reasons for that. One, anyone wanting to pick up a copy can read my take on it and perhaps it'll let them decide whether to read it or not, and second, summarizing it will help me retain the major lessons I've learnt from the book and it'll be my ready reference. Ok enough about this book. Now I need to get started on another one and finish around 4 MOOCS before March 15th! Blog later!

Image Courtesy of LonelyPlanet.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment