Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Fixed my Nintendo Switch for less than $10


Last year I bought a Nintendo Switch. I'm a big fan of handheld gaming consoles. Before the switch I had a PSP which I used to play during my graduate studies. After giving it away to my nephew and becoming a Teacher, I had no money to buy another one. Only last year after starting full time at LearnOBots could I finally afford to buy another one so I bought a switch. After playing it for a few months the left analog stick started degrading and finally made it impossible to play any game. It kept moving upwards. I thought my 2.5 year old hyper active kid 

was responsible for this as whenever I'm not home, he goes after it playing it until the battery dies. Anyway after looking online to find a solution for it I found out that this is a manufacturing fault and almost all users have faced the same problem. I had two options now. Either buy a new pair of joy cons which is quite expensive or try to figure out how to get it fixed. Since the Switch is not sold officially in Pakistan and I bought it in Doha, I was pretty sure, I couldn't get it fixed from Nintendo, so I checked if I could find a replacement part from AliExpress and lo and behold! I found a set of replacement joycons and some tools as well for less than $10. Ordered the set with free shipping, had it delivered in around 20 days. And then I did the fix which seemed pretty simple. You can check out the video below!





No comments:

Post a Comment