Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Some solutions are purely simple

I've had a bad start to my day today! My Nexus 5X just died randomly. I was browsing on it when suddenly the screen turned blank! This has never happened before with this phone. I had been having a bit of trouble with the Sim card detection but this was something completely new! It did boot into the bootloader a few times, but now it's not even doing that! Looks like it's the end of the road for this guy :(.

I use an iMac in my office and with it Apple's Bluetooth wireless keyboard and magic mouse. While working my mouse kept disconnecting with the MAC. Already frustrated with my phone's death, I thought this is one of those days where nothing is going to work! Initially i thought that the mouse might be paired with some other PC somewhere on the floor and it might be connecting to it. The mouse has been used before by someone else. I tried renaming it but the problem persisted. However a simple google search led me to a helpful answer and turns out that the simplest of solutions worked and it wasn't a big problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4261715?start=0

The problem is that the magic mouse uses AA batteries. Not all of them are exactly the same size. Therefore when the mouse moves a little bit, the batteries loose their connection. Fixing a small piece of paper between the batteries did the trick! A simple solution and now I have no disconnection issues! I hope my Nexus 5x's problem can have a simple solution as well. I usually add pictures for proof of what I'm talking about, unfortunately with my cell phone dead can't do that with this post! Oh wait, maybe I can use my MAC's front camera to take a few snaps of the mouse and the dead Nexus!
Aug 30, 2017 12:05:07 PM.jpg
Aug 30, 2017 12:06:08 PM.jpg
Aug 30, 2017 12:06:42 PM.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment