Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Gearing up for the CERN Humanitarian Hackathon

As we get closer to the actual hackathon week, we are getting closer to finlalizing the design of our Wearbale for Parkinson's disease. From considering the power requirements to figuring out how to store the data being generated from the sensors, a lot of discussions have been going on and we still need to finalize a few things. I already have a very busy routine this fall semester with one undergraduate and one graduate course. Along with these responsibilities I have to play my role in supporting my home chores as well. With a 1.5 year old mini-tornado in the house (aka Zidan) it becomes very hard to focus on work at all times. 

Last Friday in my third meeting with the hackathon team, it was my turn to baby sit Zidan so I had no choice but to take Zidan with me to the meeting. Turns out Zidan is a pretty creative guy and enjoyed taking part in the conversation. You can see him in the bottom right window! 


As I wrote before it feels very nice to be working with people of different backgrounds belonging to different professions and from different countries. What is interesting is that all of us have come together to focus on one goal of solving the problem that has been assigned to us! The team comprises of the following nationalities


 

                         




No comments:

Post a Comment